Figure 8 Rock Pools


Saturday
You know that saying, you never explore the city you live in? It’s so true! You sit at your desk at work and think ‘hmmm where will I travel to next’ but in reality some amazing location is just waiting for you a couple of hours away! This is me... pretty much every day.  So another new year’s resolution is to explore Sydney more.

On the weekend, my friends and I went on this beautiful bush walk to Burning Palms beach, in the National Park. The most beautiful blue, clear water beach I have seen in awhile. The beach was empty, just a couple of life guards sitting under an umbrella (they have the best job). From Burning Palms beach, (about a half hour walk) are these amazing rock pools, known as the Figure 8 rock pools.  WOW. What a sight. The Rock pools have all been formed naturally and are completely unique. Some of them were perfect circles others ran along the cliff face, meeting up and cascading into others. Then you had two perfect figure 8’s, deep enough to swim in or even jump in, as my goofy friends did! I recommend a visit to anyone in Sydney. Just Google Figure 8 rock pools for some instructions on the walk and the best time to visit, it is amazing!

-j xo

10 comments :

  1. Aw, beautiful set!!! This is such a cool spot to hang out with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that place looks incredible! So nice to see you back around here again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like ur photos and all the beautiful microlives and moments catched in them. I ve been going through it and I could say that Butterfly House was my favorite, just beautiful. And thank u for ur kind comment on my blog. If u don't mind I would like to ask u what camera/lense do u use? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those butterflies were incredible :) I have the Canon 7D and use my trusty Canon EF 35mm f/2.. saving up for L series. Definitely recommend a 35mm lens, so handy for any situation. Thank you for your kind comments :)

      Delete
    2. That's something I m thinking about these days, thank u!:)

      Delete
  4. I've never seen rock pools like that before - they are so beautiful!! And for some reason, I've thought for the longest time that you live in the USA, but after I looked up the beach, it all made sense to me hahaha (I want to visit Australia so badly). Water on the East Coast is never that exact shade of deep blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must!! So many amazing beaches along the National Park in Sydney! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! This place looks like a total dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an awesome place! beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. These pools are absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog :) I love hearing from you all and appreciate the time you took to say a few words!
xo